Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Traveling Day!






Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yesterday was spent mostly, for me, in the Family History Library. I am becoming completely addicted to the research. It is unbelievable how much history the Mormons preserve. I have on my Dad's side - gone back to my Great Great Great Grandfather and my Great Great Grandmother. On my Mom's side - I have gone back to my Great Great Grandfather and am at a dead end on my Grandmother. But I am not giving up. There are census records, marriage licenses, death certificates, draft papers, immigration lists, name of ships that your relatives came over to the United States on...it just goes on and on. It is so cool.

Today we are hitting the road - 360 miles north. We are heading to Jackson Hole, WY. We have been in and out of Utah for over 2 months and absolutely, without reservation - LOVE this state. It should take us most of the day to get up to WY. Normally in a car you can do the trek in about 6 hours, but when you pull 40 tons it tends to take a bit longer. (And ALOT more fuel!)

All the animals are still doing wonderful. King Arthur actually has become more social living in the RV than at home. We think he feels more secure in the little space as opposed to the huge house. Sire makes friends everywhere we go and Sir Lancelot is still my lover....

We hit Costco the other day, and I was loving it. I replenished so many goodies. We also visited this place called Sugar Post. We first saw them at an art fair in Moab. Go online and check them out. shop@sugarpost.com. That is where Tommy purchased his flaming skull. They create very unusual iron works. It should make a good addition to our bar out back when we get home. (If the bar is still there after the hurricanes, lol).

Well, that's about it for now. I am including pictures that I could not fit on other blogs. They will be a miss mosh but some that I'd like to share.

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment