Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cody WY






Wednesday, July 29, 2010

Today was a traveling day. We are now in Cody, WY. This town is so cool. I cant wait to explore more of it tomorrow.

It is the home of Buffalo Bill and they preserve all the buildings and surrounding areas to remain the way the were in 1860. Its all original and its all so very interesting.

Tonight we witnessed a street gunfight amongst, Wyatt Earp, Butch Cassidy, Buffalo Bill Cody, Doc Holiday, Maverick and several others. (Including the guy from Blazing Saddles, lol).It was silly, but it was entertaining. They closed the street and pulled out props such as a bank (that was robbed), a saloon (with ladies of the evening), and a jail,(where they arrested one of the bad guys) . They actually shot guns, filled with blanks but they were loud and looked very real. The story was typical. The bad guys come into town and rob and cause trouble and Doc Holiday and Buffalo Bill save the day.

After the show we went into a couple of stores and I finally found my red cowboy boots. I'm so excited. I cant wait for a day to come where I need to wear jeans so I can wear them also.

Tomorrow we plan on visiting the Buffalo Bill museum, its supposed to be spectacular. Okay, enough for today. Sorry if I confused you with all four blogs at once. Ill try to stay on top of them.

We are not sure how long we are staying here, we have 360 miles to Custer SD. Its is about 30 miles south of Sturgis, where we will be for bike week and meet up with Kyle. I cant wait for him to fly in. It should take us 2 days to get there so we probably will meander through WY. But for now, we are staying here for atleast 3 days.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment